Starting a food blog is tricky and requires much thinking to share the recipe with technical staff. Some necessary steps to follow are outlined below.
1) Naming your blog and choosing a domain name
Your domain names are simple, memorable, cheap or free. This might be hard for you. You decide by coming with mission statements or a list of words for your cooking style. Use name related to you or name of your dog and involve your friends. An ideal blog name has the following features.
- Descriptive• Memorable• Short• Easy to spell
Check the availability of the words you have used in your blog and keep trying other names until you get a name available in .com. Don’t insert any punctuation mark in it. After entering correct domain name “Check domain” and it, therefore, shows availability of your name. After getting the domain name, using your BlueHost hosting plan you can obtain the blog free or at a low price.
2) Finding a reliable web host
Start with the most affordable hosting plan by taking one you want. This hosting plan should offer one-click WordPress installation. Here, BlueHost is among the best web host to help you with your food blog. It helps mostly the beginners as it is affordable, not complicated and offers customer service anytime. You have to pay for plan upfront, but Bluehost is advantageous as you can cancel after a month and get your total refund except for domain fee.Getting the best from Bluehost, first select your plan but the basic idea is cheap as well able to provide you with anything that helps you get started. Secondly, to get a free domain name and significant discount you pay a hosting upfront for a minimum of one year. Decide any term to pay for your blog but consider one year for starting.
3) Installing WordPress
In the website section, click the WordPress icon. Browse WordPress themes as the installation process proceeds. You will get a notice in the header bar.
4) Installing a WordPress theme
WordPress theme determines the look as well feel of your site, therefore, try to choose the best. In the WordPress theme, there are essential things to be keen on it. Firstly well designation of the theme so that it offers your features. Let someone who has specialized in it does coding. Again, you should build responsive designs that will provide an optimal viewing experience for any visitor on your website. Now, optimize your WordPress theme for search results and let this go with as you install WordPress plugins as well you do blogging. Another important thing here is to make your theme to be friendly to users. Lastly, use any invaluable resource when you experience technical issues. Some of the recommended WordPress themes are foodie Pro theme, Studiopress theme, and Brunch Pro theme.
5) Setting up your Google tool
Set Google account and email address for the blog. Set up Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and Feedburner.
6) Install WordPress plugins
Plugins provide one with vital features that might come with the theme and include• Akismet is used to remove all spam comments without the aid of CAPTCHA.
- Tasty Recipes help you in formatting recipes for SEO as well adding star ratings and other vital functions.• jQuery Pin It Button For Images is a plugin that allows visitors to in pinning your pictures.• Share Buttons of some sort are social bookmarking plugins that add a button like that of Facebook and another button to any post.• Subscribe To Comments Reloaded helps anyone who is commenting to get a reply by email. It helps to improve engagement.• WordPress Related Posts is used in displaying related post at every end of a post.• Yoast SEO helps you to know whether bases are covered adequately.
7) After installation, then start your blogging.
Start with something basic like ice cream recipe and procedure. Or something about yourself.
Publish any post in your new food blog.